Penske Assistant District Rental Manager in Cambridge, Ontario
The Assistant District Rental Manager will support the District Rental Manager in leading the Commercial and Consumer Rental product lines, and contribute to the District’s pretax and revenue, through leadership of the Rental operations team, strategic fleet management, and Rental talent development.
• Hiring and performance management of rental associates at multiple locations to ensure associate development and successful job performance. This includes training, coaching, and developing rental counter associates.
• Leadership of all Rental operations including fleet management, rental counter processes, and customer satisfaction to achieve business goals.
• Actively collaborates with Lease Sales, Finance, and Maintenance teams regarding Rental related items.
• Partner with the District Rental Manager to support strategic Rental initiatives and growth planning.
• Achieve customer satisfaction through leadership of the Rental operations team, ensuring proper staffing, adequate fleet, and correct associate training. Directly engages with customers to assist in resolving conflict or facilitating special requests.
• Additional Rental related assignments or projects assigned by the District Manager or District Rental Manager to assist the district in achieving goals.
• 3 years customer service experience preferred
• 1 years management and rental experience required
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• Intermediate computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Ability to learn and apply new concepts quickly, be able to adapt to a fast pace environment
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Team leadership skills and a desire to help others develop and succeed
• Customer centric and results driven
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The associate will be required to remember and understand certain instructions, guidelines or other information. The associate must be able to see and verbally communicate. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Penske is committed to the principle of equity in employment - As part of this commitment, Penske endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Noel Simpson,Human Resources Representative at (647) 671-6816 or firstname.lastname@example.org to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group, and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates more than 260,000 vehicles, employs more than 29,000 people, and serves customers from more than 1,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit http://www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Work Locations: 105 Saltsman Dr Cambridge, ON N3H 4R7
Primary Location: Canada-Ontario-Cambridge
Job: Operations Management
Penske (Oracle) Job Name: Operations Management
Req ID: 1812151